Why Participate in R-SCAN?
- It’s the right thing to do for your patients.
- It’s an easy (and free) way to give clinical decision support a try.
- It prepares you for a future of value-based payment models.
- It’s focused on highly relevant imaging exams to improve utilization.
- It allows radiology and referring clinician practices participating in the CMS Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) to fulfill "Improvement Activity" credit requirements.
- It offers MOC Part IV and free CME for participation. Click here for MOC information.
Show Your Commitment to Value-added Imaging
Be among the growing list of practices that are achieving results in improved imaging by collaborating on an R-SCAN topic. R-SCAN’s quantitative results can be shared with quality committees, hospital administrators and payers.
Join R-SCAN. PAMA is Coming.
R-SCAN participants gain free access to a customized version of the CareSelect™ clinical decision support (CDS) tool that contains the the Web-based version of the ACR Appropriateness Criteria®(AC). Under the Protecting Access to Medicare Act (PAMA), CMS will require consultation of appropriate use criteria in the ordering of advanced imaging exams as a condition for reimbursement to imaging providers. For practices that already have CDS installed, R-SCAN can serve as an important first step for tracking and improving adherence with appropriate use.
Learn more about PAMA on the ACR website.
Prepare referring colleagues by circulating this flyer.