Why Participate in R-SCAN?
- It’s the right thing to do for your patients.
- It’s a straight forward way to use clinical decision support to improve value-based imaging.
- It prepares you for success in alternative payment models.
- It’s focused on highly relevant imaging exams to improve utilization.
Benefits of Participation
- Offers up to 20 Practice Improvement (PI)-CME for practices engaged in an R-SCAN project as of April 1, 2019. Click for more info.
- Satisfies MOC Part IV requirements. Click for more info.
- Fulfills Improvement Activity requirements for practices participating in the CMS Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS). Click for more info.
- Earns clinicians no-cost CME for completing podcast and simulation activities related to value-based imaging – especially intended for referring clinicians. Click to access the activities.
Show Your Commitment to Value-added Imaging
Be among the growing list of practices that are achieving results in improved imaging by collaborating on an R-SCAN topic. R-SCAN’s quantitative results can be shared with quality committees, hospital administrators and payers.
Join R-SCAN. PAMA is Coming.
R-SCAN participants gain free access to a customized version of the CareSelect™ clinical decision support (CDS) tool that contains the the Web-based version of the ACR Appropriateness Criteria®(AC). Under the Protecting Access to Medicare Act (PAMA), CMS will require consultation of appropriate use criteria in the ordering of advanced imaging exams as a condition for reimbursement to imaging providers. For practices that already have CDS installed, R-SCAN can serve as an important first step for tracking and improving adherence with appropriate use.
Learn more about PAMA on the ACR website.
Prepare referring colleagues by circulating this flyer.