Why Participate in R-SCAN?
- It’s the right thing to do for your patients.
- It’s an easy (and free) way to give clinical decision support a try.
- It prepares you for a future of value-based payment models.
- It’s focused on highly relevant imaging exams to improve utilization.
- It allows radiology and referring clinician practices participating in the CMS Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) to fulfill "Improvement Activity" credit requirements.
- It offers MOC Part IV and free CME for participation. Click here for MOC information.
Join R-SCAN. PAMA is Coming.
R-SCAN participants gain free access to a customized version of the ACR Select™ clinical decision support (CDS) tool, the Web-based version of the complete ACR Appropriateness Criteria®(AC). In the near future, under the Protecting Access to Medicare Act (PAMA), CMS will require consultation of appropriate use criteria in the ordering of advanced imaging exams as a condition for reimbursement to imaging providers. For practices that already have CDS installed, R-SCAN can serve as an important first step for tracking and improving adherence with appropriate use.
Learn more about PAMA here.